Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Re blog App

Wondering why I couldn't add a blog post? You know when you think you broke something by typing like a maniac, well I found the solution. The (add) folder is missing from blog app/views in the new master branch.

Comments

• The add form was changed into a handler that creates a blank draft post and forwards you to the edit form, that way as you're writing a new post you can click "Save & Keep Editing" periodically.

Are you sure you've got all the latest changes from the master branch?

• This is what the console output, thought it was me but this is from a default install. Doing my head. Can do everything but add a blog post. have checked all other apps even those not default and they work fine. when I try and reinstall the blog app it tells me there was an error with the database .thumbnails already exists.

Request URL: /blog/add Request Method: GET Status Code: HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily Request Headers 04:51:39.000 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0 Referer: /blog/admin Host:
    Connection: keep-alive Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5 Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,/;q=0.8 Sent Cookie elefant_user: 3ec3050e84308adf302910bf3bfb0c09 elefant_update_checked: 1 elefant_last_page: /blog/admin Response Headers Δ171ms X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.29 Vary: User-Agent,Accept-Encoding Server: Apache/2.2.22 Pragma: no-cache Location: /blog/admin Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=98 Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 15:51:39 GMT Content-Type: text/html Content-Length: 20 Content-Encoding: gzip Connection: Keep-Alive Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Received Cookie elefant_user: 3ec3050e84308adf302910bf3bfb0c09 elefant_notification: An+Error+Occurred

• I initially thought it was because I had modified the toolbar but that can now be ruled out. P.S how come it duplicated the post and why can't I delete or modify them.

• I think I failed to clear my local database last time I tested, so I setup a new site and I think I've found the issue. Let me know if the latest commit to master fixes the issues for you as well.

• Will do Johnny, busy with kids sports day so run a new install tonight and let you. Cheers for the quick response. :)

• A couple questions, in regards to the new master branch: Are there any other changes that would affect current views/files.html. Was previously running 1.3.10. And the default tools menu, can it be totally removed in favour of the custom model. I noticed from discussions that the custom menu will only show the apps that are installed even if each apps config has a tools.php. Does that also mean if the custom menu is the default tools menu it would only make available the apps designated to editors or extended member roles. Or will that require some tweaking. Cheers

• There shouldn't be anything affecting files that I can recall.

I think the new Elefant admin toolbar with the full-width menu is going to become the standard. Additional apps will be shown under an "Extras" column, and you can edit the toolbar to choose where you want them to appear, but they are shown selectively depending on the access control the current admin user's role has been given.

• Thanks Jb

In regards to the meta tags for blog posts and social sharing. i.e twitter:card, og: and itemprop. have added url just like thumbnail.

$page->add_meta ('og:url', 
                 '//'. $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . $post->url, 'http-equiv'
                );

displays meta address: //yoursite.corn/some-damn-page

Adding http i.e

$page->add_meta ('og:url', 
                 'http://'. $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . $post->url, 'http-equiv'
                );

displays meta address with http: added to //yoursite.corn/some-damn-page. Which is preferable full or truncated?

but how about a page description and possible keywords? How could these be added dynamically based on page content. Or should I add keyword and description form into the blog edit.php handler and edit the handler to bake the share meta tags straight from the post edit form.

$p->description = $_POST['description']; 

$p->keywords = $_POST['keywords'];

also, post edit form thumbnail should be changed to, current code doesn't store selected image. below taken from post.html

<div id="thumbnail-div">
    {"Thumbnail"}:<br />
    <div class="thumbnail-wrapper">
        <div class="thumbnail" id="thumbnail-preview"
                {% if thumbnail != '' %}
                    style="background-image: url('/{{thumbnail|Image::resize (%s, 600, 450, 'cover', 'ext')}}')"
                {% else %}
                    style="background-image: url(/apps/blog/css/default.jpg)"
                {% end %}
        ></div>
            <input type="hidden" name="thumbnail" id="thumbnail" size="40" value="{{ thumbnail|quotes }}" />
    <input type="submit" id="thumbnail-browse" value="{"Choose"}" />
    </div>
    </div>

One more thing {% if thumbnail != '' %} should it be =, == or ===

Cheers

• edited March 2015

The og: meta description dynamically loaded from blog post content is something I feel is paramount. fakebook likes and plus 1's are a bit over rated. And actually devalue a sites body copy. Sharing articles and posts is more practical in terms of value. What's the equivalent to wp short code <?php bloginfo('description'); ?>. And for more control, adding the first paragraph as full description to maintain a stronger lead thread via your site voice with each share. Sounds better than a limit of preview chars or cut off sentences by the social giants. What are your thoughts? Oh yeah disregard the above comment about adding the keyword input to blog posts. Sounded ok till I read it back.