It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I'm Japanese, so put site tile in Japanese, and it didn't display correctly. And I changed block name to Japanese, also incorrectly.
I just check DB, wrongly saved. So I suspect your saving way or input filter wrong. (I didn't check code.)
Maybe you don't intend English only. :D Your top page say 'Elefant apps are automatically i18n aware, with built-in multilingual capabilities and locale awareness.' and set db's table as 'utf8-general-ci'. :D
If you don't know any Japanese, so c&c this '愛と勇気はデバッグに必要' into name area, and check db tables.