Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

No local password for external logins

edited May 2014 in Apps

Would it be possible (and reasonable) to avoid to choose a local password for users who authenticate via google, openid, facebook etc..?

Thanks.

Comments

• I made a small change that should make this possible:

https://github.com/jbroadway/elefant/commit/bcd58527b1c84061762e608e9fdb80c98ae96c3b

Now you can override the signup form for social logins with your own custom implementation just like the regular signup form. Here are the steps:

1. Log in and go to Tools > Users > Settings and edit the settings.
    2. Open the file conf/app.user.config.php and change the user/login/newuser = user/login/newuser line to point to a new handler that you will create.
    3. Duplicate apps/user/handlers/login/newuser.php to the handler name you specified in step 2.
    4. Edit your duplicated handler and remove the lines marked Check for a custom handler override.
    5. Edit further as necessary (e.g., setting password field to blank).

Hope that helps!

• Many thanks, I am now able to register a new user without letting him choose a local password (though I insert a password to prevent authentication with only the email) recovering Name and Email from Google.

Now I expect that the user registered through Google, can access (authenticate) without typing anything, simply by pressing the button "Sign in with" Google (icon).

Should it be so, or I expect something wrong?