Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Send an email with form app

edited April 2012 in Apps

Hello,

I have installed form app in elefant, created a form and configured it to send an email to my email account (all from the WYSIWYG editor), but when I fill the form and click on submit button no message is sent.

The form info is correctly saved in mysql also.

Is the form app set to send an email by default? Should I create the handler by myself? Did I do something wrong?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Email sending currently uses the mail() function (will use the Mailer class in Elefant 1.3+), so you may need to set your sendmail_path in /etc/php.ini and restart the web server.

The From field is filled in with the site_name and email_from values from conf/config.php so you can configure those to be correct values.

Unfortunately, mail server configuration can be tricky, as can getting PHP to send email through it. Let me know how it goes. I'm also going to look at changing the Form app to use the new Mailer class, but that's currently only in the latest master branch of Elefant on Github (a 1.3 beta should be out soon though).

• I just made some changes to the Mailer class in Elefant's master branch, and to the Form app so that Form will now send through that if it's available. If you can't get PHP's mail() function sending, that should give you another option.

Mailer is a wrapper around Zend_Mail, which has several different mail transport options. You can configure those in the [Mailer] section of Elefant's conf/config.php.

Hope that helps!

• edited April 2012

Hi jbroadway,

Thanks for answering so fast. I tried your first approach and it didn't work... It could be anything, but it seems my wamp configuration, I'll ask google some more.

By the way, I'm working on my localhost with Free SMTP Server. It may work in my hosting... Or so I hope!

Keep on the good work!

• Ah yes, PHP's mail configuration is a bit different on Windows. Google should be able to help you there :)