Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Dropdown Menu

edited April 2013 in Apps

I know that there is a dropmenu option for navigation but it isn't producing the desired effect and I'm not "sure" if I should actually edit the handler as I'm assuming that is like editing the WP core and frawned upon. Anyways I am wanting to product a traditional drop down menu out of the navigation like you would find in a form element using select and option tags. Can you advise if this is possible? Thanks.

Comments

• Nevermind. I figured out how to create an app with my own custom handler. I copied the original code and function for navigation/dropmenu and altered accordingly.

• Is there anykind of function that will only output the page names for a menu? I've tried every combination. I got a working dropdown but it is embedding href links around the page name and inside the option tags.

• You just want to output the names but not have them link anywhere? For custom navigation requirements, I usually recommend taking one of the existing navigation handlers and duplicating it, which it looks like you've done here. In this case, you'll also need to duplicate the navigation_print_dropmenu function and instead of calling Link::make() you could just output $item->data directly.