Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Page title

edited April 2013 in Design

The documentation says page title can be blank, but when I try to save a page with a blank title I get the message "You must enter a page title."

I think it's a good idea not to allow blank titles, and I like it that you can set menu title and window title. Would it make sense to add an option like with blocks to display the page title or not?

Comments

• I should clarify the docs, the title could be unset if you're accessing an app instead of a page and the handler doesn't set the page title. But pages need a title for referencing in the navigation app, wysiwyg editor, etc. otherwise those might look a little rough ;)

An option to show/hide the title may be useful, although I'm not sure how that would work technically. It might have to just unset the title value in the object if show_title=no, otherwise layouts would need to change to work with it. Hmm...

• I agree that we need page titles for the back end.

Good point about layouts, but they may need to change anyways so that we don't end up with empty <h2> (or whatever) tags where the title would have been.

• Layouts usually write the title as {% if title %}{{ title|none }}{% end %} already, which would work if the admin/page handler just did something like this:

$page->title = ($page->show_title === 'yes') ? $page->title : '';

• I'll try it -- thanks.