Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

maximum levels of urlpath

13»

Comments

• Strange, your tree looks similar to mine. Here's mine for comparison:

Site tree: http://imgur.com/uHBAcef,PQmlzWy#1

The various navigation handlers: http://imgur.com/uHBAcef,PQmlzWy#0

I'm on the Menu Test page, so the breadcrumb and contextual nav have something to show. When I turn multilingual off, navigation/top shows English and Français as expected, and the contextual, breadcrumb, and map adjust accordingly as well. All the links seem to be correct as well.

• Hi Johnny,

the difference is that you don't have links to the homepages :-) so you can't reach /en or /fr

Cheers Betaman

• Do you think we need a separate navigation/languages handler that displays the languages then?

I don't think they belong in the other handlers, because those should show the logical structure for the current language when multilingual is on, for the same reason that {! navigation/top !} essentially becomes {! navigation/section?section=[i18n.language] !} when multilingual is turned on. Or am I getting confused? ;)

Btw, I just merged the Redactor branch into master!

• @jbroadway said: Btw, I just merged the Redactor branch into master!

Woohoo!

• I think we could offer a navigation/language, I mean hey, why not?

I'm not sure if you are confused, though :-) Just to clarify: In navigation/contextual, navigation/map and navigation/topthere are no links to /en or /fr (but I think there should be)

Btw, Awesome. I'll check the new master :-D

• I would think the languages should not be included in those handlers, otherwise setting multilingual on only means navigation/top starts acting like navigation/section?section=[i18n.language]. Shouldn't the navigation be specific to the current language, and language selection should be separate from that?

I added a new navigation/languages handler. It also handles language switching when negotiation_method is set to subdomain or cookie as well, so it works in all cases. And I added a "Multilingual Homepage Redirect" to the dynamic objects, to make it more obvious and ensure correct behaviour for new Elefant users setting up multilingual sites.

• I thought in a multilingual setup en/ would be the representation of index for the english language (aka the Startscreen), but of course the redirect is also an option and simplifiers the handlers :-) Putting in the homepage redirects is a good idea.

Great, that this is finally comming to an end :-)

I fear you got a grey hair for every 'maximum levels of urlpath' post

Have a nice Weekend..

• Haha no grey hairs quite yet, although my girlfriend teases me that they're coming soon :P

Have a nice weekend too! I might even take a break from coding, now that we've hit a milestone with this and the wysiwyg editor :)

Plus my piano is getting tuned today, so I better start practicing again!

• Yeah, take a break you deserve it. And switch keyboards so your joints don't get rusty :-)