Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Godaddy Hosting

edited December 2012 in Framework

I was able to successfully install ElefantCMS on Godaddy shared hosting account tonight. The installation went through normal and site comes up fine. The problem is when I try to access the admin page. That's when I get: Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Seems like there may be an issue with mod_rewrite possibly. Maybe a custom htaccess file will do the trick. Not sure. Any ideas @jbroadway ?

Comments

• Can you see anything about it in the server error logs they provide? That may give us our first clue :)

• Will check and see and report back.

• @jbroadway The messed up thing is the log file is not capturing any errors from this particular site. I do get some for an unrelated cron job on another domain but that's not related to this.

• I would probably have to look at the site directly to test out what's going on. Are you using the latest master from github or an older version? In the latest, you can turn error reporting and displaying on in the conf/config.php file, which may also help us solve it. Let me know if turning those on and refreshing causes any change in output.

• edited December 2012

Lastest master. I have those turned on. I don't get any errors. It's weird. www.flipware.me It's not a real site I am working on...it's to get the Godaddy issue others and myself are having figured out. Hopefully, we can resolve it for future reference.

• Hmm, it does look like it's potentially an htaccess compatibility issue. I think I'd need access to the site to go much beyond speculation though.

• edited December 2012

Yeah...the htaccess file is just the one that comes with elefant. Not really sure what all else I would need. Played around with it and as soon as you start adding anything to it...you get the error message requires an . It's weird. I have installed other frameworks like FuelPHP, PyroCMS, CodeIgnitor, Symfony2, and they have all installed successfully. I didn't like any of them except FuelPHP so far seems to be a clone of Elefant so it's staying installed on one domain right now. You can see FuelPHP at www.testitout.net and PyroCMS at www.mtechportal.com both hosted on Godaddy.

• You may need extra lines in the .htaccess like this:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
      Options +FollowSymLinks -Indexes -MultiViews
      AllowOverride All

RewriteEngine On
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
      RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

That's just a guess though. Without access to a Godaddy hosting account, it's unlikely I can do much to figure out what needs to change to support them.

• Okay. I tried that but it instantly went to 500 error. So, I upload the original htaccess file back up and the site comes back up. It seems that as soon as I put the generic htaccess back up, the site comes back up, But the minute I make a change to the htaccess file, the site goes down. Just the admin portion won't work.

Sent you an email by the way @jbroadway

• If this is just a test site at the moment, would it be possible to send me an SFTP login to do some trial and error on the htaccess settings?

• it is a test site. I will have to create a user name and password for you since I have almost 40 domains under this one account. I will email you the credentials.

• Awesome. I thought of adding the multiview and rewrite base / but I second guessed myself snd left it alone. Thanks for the help

• Strange but all of a sudden, I only get a blank white page now. Never changed anything...haven't logged into the site in a few days and now I cannot access anything. Check it out and see what I mean. Thanks.

• Is there anything in your server error logs, possibly in the Godaddy control panel?

• I am checking right now. Unfortunately, every 7 days you have to click update logs in the control panel otherwise, it doesn't log any errors. Its a retarded system they have but I guess they do it that way to save space.

• Still just a blank white page. It has something to do with the htaccess again. Here is the entries from the log file.

[Mon Dec 31 01:58:34 2012] [warn] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] mod_fcgid: stderr: Error in /html/flipware/lib/I18n.php on line 273: syntax error, unexpected '$' in lang/languages.php on line 2 [Mon Dec 31 01:59:51 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: without matching section [Mon Dec 31 02:01:49 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: without matching section [Mon Dec 31 02:01:54 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: without matching section [Mon Dec 31 02:01:57 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: without matching section [Mon Dec 31 02:02:04 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: without matching section [Mon Dec 31 02:09:09 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: without matching section [Mon Dec 31 02:09:13 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: without matching section [Mon Dec 31 02:09:16 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: without matching section [Mon Dec 31 02:10:40 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: without matching section [Mon Dec 31 02:10:42 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: without matching section [Mon Dec 31 02:11:18 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: Invalid command '\xef\xbb\xbf', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration [Mon Dec 31 02:11:39 2012] [alert] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] /html/flipware/.htaccess: without matching section

• Seems to be working again...looks like because of being on a shared hosting account, my site was infected with some encrypted code. Nice eh? Anyway, installing the site again and getting it back up and running.