Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Cant install themes in 1.3.1

edited May 2012 in Design

Hi im having this issue where the theme is uploaded but after i click Default the theme is still not shown. I am on EasyPHP WAMP server. Has anyone else this problem?

Comments

• Can you edit the index page and under Extra Options, change the layout setting to "default" (it defaults to "index") and see if it's showing the new theme then.

I should really just merge the "index" layout into the default one since every time I install a new theme as well, I have to go changing that, and I can see how it must trip other people up too.

If that doesn't solve it, let me know and I'll see what else it might be! :)

• edited May 2012

Yes that helped, thanks allot :) But now i found this another issue that when you delete the theme from the Designer page, and if you try to add the same theme again i get "A theme by this name is already installed." even if the theme is deleted. My guesings are maybe the name of the theme is still left in the database even after is deleted.

• Ok i just saw now that when you click delete on Designer, the theme is deleted in the page but the folder containing the theme is not deleted on /layouts.

• The delete only affects individual files, the full "theme" awareness is limited to install only so far. I'll probably make it more theme-oriented over time though.

• edited May 2012

Thanks for the fast reply :) That would be great for in the future. Personaly i'm into frontend more so i check more the templates and the styling stuff. I'm going to start working on a new theme as soon as i have some free time.