Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Unable to login in a fresh installation

edited May 2013 in Framework

I am unable to login in a fresh installation. I'm pretty sure that the (admin) password is correct. I do not know if there may be a correlation but the installation was made with compress_output set to "On" and then changed to "Off".

How do I reset the password? (I'm using MySQL in this case)

Many thanks.

Comments

• You can generate a new encrypted password like this:

$ ./elefant encrypt-password your-password

Copy the output then log into MySQL and execute the following line:

update elefant_user set password = "ENCRYPTED_PASS" where id = 1;

Replace ENCRYPTED_PASS with the copied output.

I don't think the gzip changes should have anything to do with it, but let me know if that gets it sorted out at least.

• edited May 2013

Sorry but that doesn't solve. I'd like to understand where I was wrong but I can also reinstall from scratch. Thanks anyway.

• Did you run into any issues with the steps, or did they seem to work but you still can't log in?

• The only problem was the compression (now solved with your script). the default "Welcome to Elefant" works as usual but I was never able to login, even changing the password in the DB.

• What is the domain of the site you're installing to? It sounds like the cookie may not be setting, which can happen when you install at http://localhost/ since cookies require a period in the domain for the browser to consider it valid.

Here's some info in case that's what it is:

http://www.elefantcms.com/wiki/Setting-up-a-Virtualhost-for-your-site

• The site is on a third-level domain and the cookies are set but I noticed that in the /conf/config.php, sqlite parameter are un-commentend while I am using mysql and table prefix was wrong (although correct, does not solve). In addition, the session_id field is not valued in the user table. I fear that something went wrong during installation, so tomorrow will proceed with the re-installation. Thanks for help.