Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Crud App Question

jps
edited May 2013 in Announcements

Hello, I'm new here and I'm new to php also, but I'm giving my first steps in php programing. I have generated the crud application, and I'm trying to customize it, but I don't know how can I do it. For example, I want to get data from the database and pass them through the index page of the module, but I can't do it. I was dealing with the index.php handler and the index.html view, taking the blog app as an example, but with no success and some errors along the way. I don't Know guys... Is there a tutorial to get me started at app development for elefant? Or, is there some others app that I can base on? Thank you

I've used the php print_r too and no success. Thank you guys. I hope you can help me with this.

Comments

• If you're just getting started with PHP, you may want to look at something like Codecademy's PHP lessons for that part.

For Elefant, maybe work through the tutorials listed here and get those to working first. That should give you a sense of how the various pieces work so you can apply them to your own problems afterwards.

• Hello jbroadway, I've some understanding of php, but I'm not an expert. I used to "play" around with codeigniter and a few cmss... but here with in elefantcms, things seems different. I did not found so valid information in the tutorials for beginers in coding with real examples of various real applications. That's why I came here. Any way, I'm glad to see that this project is moving on and thank you for your help