Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Speed of Elefant versus WordPress

edited April 2013 in Announcements

Just in case anyone wants to know. I have nearly completely converted a site to Elefant. The WP site is loaded on a Knownhost server which are fairly optimized compared to most managed solutions I've used. Elefant is running on a barebones Digital Ocean VPS running Apache with APC. No other modifications on either. I did a load comparison on www.whichloadsfaster.com and Elefant clocked in at around less than 200ms usually and the WP site clocked in around 1500 ms over the course of 5 tests.

Comments

• I wonder what a baseline static html file would come in at from both servers? That way you could subtract the difference between hosts from the load times to get a slightly more accurate take on it.

• I may. I'm overly impressed by the speed of Elefant especially on such an affordable option as Digital Ocean. Their DNS seems to work flawlessly as well. I registered my own DNS server and pointed a development URL to the site I'm working on. It was up and functional in about an hour.