Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Can i create a Members area for my business colleagues?

edited December 2011 in Framework

Hello

I searched for this, but nothing jumped out at me...

Sorry if this seems stupid, i'm just getting my head around this at the moment.

I am unsure of how the Elefant database may work.

Do i need plugins for the following? Or is there already plugins for the following? Or do i install my own third party software for the following?

A members area that my business colleagues may enter? Business colleagues have their own active clientele list? In an instance such as this, is a separate database required for each colleague? Personal editable schedule calendars that colleagues may use? And a newsletter platform that then sends to colleagues own clientele db?

:)

Comments

• Let's break this down into different components:

Members-only pages

Elefant has support for members-only pages and features through the user app. Check the apps/user folder for info, and here are some helpful URLs:

• /user - default user profile page, or login
    • /user/signup - user signup page
    • /user/login - user login page

From here, what you provide to members is up to you create.

Clientele list for members

This would be something you can build using the Elefant framework.

Editable schedule calendars

Also something you would have to write. There's an events add-on here for making public-facing calendars. That would be a good basis to start something like this.

Newsletter platform to send to your users' own clientele

You may want to consider a 3rd party service like sendgrid.com for sending emails. If you offer users the ability to send emails through your site, delivery rates and spam controls are going to be things you'll have to deal with, and these services can be a huge help in managing that.

Hope that helps!