Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Changing "admin" url ... is it possible ?

edited November 2012 in Miscellaneous

Hi,

I am new to elefantcms and I am evaluating it to use as framework to build a facebook web-app on. I had a quick look at the various sources (running the 1.3.2 beta), but I am unable to see anywhere to change the admin url.

As an example I would like to rename the /admin url to /cmsadmin

Regards,

Taco

Comments

• I'm pretty sure if you go into config.php and your controller files, you can rename the references that say admin/ to cmsadmin/ and then make sure you rename the apps/admin folder and all references to apps/cmsadmin

That should do the trick.

• Here are some steps to do it:

1. Create a new app folder called cmsadmin and make a handlers and views folder inside of it.
    2. Copy apps/admin/handlers/index.php into apps/cmsadmin/hanlders and copy apps/admin/views/index.html into apps/cmsadmin/views.
    3. Edit the original apps/admin/handlers/index.php and change it to just this line:

<?php echo $this->error (); ?>
    4. Edit apps/cmsadmin/handlers/index.php and change the line echo $tpl->render ('admin/index'); to echo $tpl->render ('cmsadmin/index');

5. Edit apps/cmsadmin/views/index.html and change the form action to action="/cmsadmin".

It should now show you a 404 error at /admin and show the usual admin login at /cmsadmin. Cheers!

• edited November 2012

Well excuse me for trying. Lol That would make more sense so an upgrade won't mess it up.

• Thanks Johnny!