Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

A new page property

edited July 2012 in Framework

What would be the best and the easiest way to add a new page property like a language option? (like where we have ID, Title, Body)? I think it will make more sense if we categorize content in languages.

Also on config.php if I change the negotiation_method to "url" that should give a link like /en/index if i have english site selected right?

Comments

• First I'll have to try out the language negotiation change, but I believe all it does is look for /lang/ at the start of the URL, I don't remember if it rewrites the output automatically or not, but I don't think it does. I suppose that could be handled easily enough in the framework by adding a pre-output hook so that could be plugged in essentially.

For adding custom properties to objects like pages or blog posts, right now there's no established "best practice" way of doing it. I'm working out the details of a pluggable custom properties option that can work on any ExtendedModel object, but it's still in the planning stage. It will be fairly easy to add, but I still need to work out how to configure it so you can easily set the type of input and validation rules, for example.