Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Image::resize .png image

edited September 2018 in Framework

If I don't add 'ext' for the $format variable when I call Image::resize(), the function tries to convert the .png to a .jpg and gets an '#exception-caught' error.

Examples:

$resized_image = Image::resize ($tmp_file, 404, 539, 'contain', 'ext'); -- works fine. $resized_image = Image::resize ($tmp_file, 404, 539, 'contain'); -- returns image with '#exception-caught' if the image is a .png.

Comments

• That method isn't for converting between formats, just for resizing the image. But the default value for $format was jpg which is what caused the issue with .png images.

I just pushed a change to make the default ext which I think is a smarter default anyway and should continue to work the same for .jpg images anyway.

• I wasn't trying to convert formats. Image::resize () was converting the .png images to .jpgs but saving them with .png extensions.

• Ah, I see what you mean.

I think the ext change should improve things, but I'll have to test other variations so it converts and saves under the right extension in all cases.