Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Admin Login

edited May 2012 in Framework

I was wondering if there s there any possibility to login in the admin area with a normal username. Because right now i'm able to log in only with an email.

Comments

• In Elefant's user system, the email address is the username (for login purposes, not for display). I chose this since that seems to be the trend among websites, and it helps eliminate users having to remember one extra bit of info.

You could add usernames to a custom app pretty easily using a table that simply maps them to IDs in the user table, if that's what you're looking to do.

• Yes but i was thinking if there would be a possibility after you add new admin or a new user later you can login either with the email that you provided or just by the name of the user.

• Ah I see what you mean. Currently it's email-only, but you could override the user/login handler in apps/user/conf/config.php and specify one that did a lookup by username or email. Those handlers are designed to be overridden with custom versions as needed, since you often need additional info on new registration for example.