Attention: We have experienced a large volume of forum spam that none of the Vanilla Forums anti-spam add-ons have managed to fix. Until we have the time to migrate to another forum platform, new members will require approval. However, our applicant list contains over 20k spambots alone, so please post a chat message here to have your membership approved. You may also use the chat to post questions directly.

Thanks for your patience,
Johnny (lead developer of Elefant)
How do you embed and app in a page?
  • I'm used to Sitellite CMS. There, I would put something like xt:box name="myapp/index" id="instance_var" I could put that either in an editable area of a page or I could embed it in a specific template.

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find this spot in the documentation. I see that I can go to that app as a URL, but what I need to do is embed an app in a page. Like, what if I want to write my own navigation app? or what if I need several apps in one page? Maybe the question is how do I reference an app in a block? I tried the installing the hello app. However, that's not showing up in the Dynamic Obects.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• This looks like an area of the documentation that could use some attention, now that I see it again. It's a bit hidden halfway down a page buried in the Developers section...

To make a handler in your app appear in the Dynamic Objects dialog, create a conf/embed.php in your app with the following:

; <?php /*

[myapp/hello]
    label = "MyApp: Hello"

; */ ?>

All the options for it are listed here:

http://www.elefantcms.com/wiki/Dynamic-handlers-and-the-wysiwyg-editor#configuring-your-handlers

Hope that helps :)

• That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much for the pointer :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Note: You can use Markdown formatting in your comments.