Attention: We have experienced a large volume of forum spam that none of the Vanilla Forums anti-spam add-ons have managed to fix. Until we have the time to migrate to another forum platform, membership is invite-only. Please send me an email with a short message so I know you're human and I'll send an invite your way :) You can also use our chat room to post questions.

Thanks for your patience,
Johnny B, Lead Developer of Elefant
How do you embed and app in a page?
  • I'm used to Sitellite CMS. There, I would put something like xt:box name="myapp/index" id="instance_var" I could put that either in an editable area of a page or I could embed it in a specific template.

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find this spot in the documentation. I see that I can go to that app as a URL, but what I need to do is embed an app in a page. Like, what if I want to write my own navigation app? or what if I need several apps in one page? Maybe the question is how do I reference an app in a block? I tried the installing the hello app. However, that's not showing up in the Dynamic Obects.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• This looks like an area of the documentation that could use some attention, now that I see it again. It's a bit hidden halfway down a page buried in the Developers section...

To make a handler in your app appear in the Dynamic Objects dialog, create a conf/embed.php in your app with the following:

; <?php /*

[myapp/hello]
    label = "MyApp: Hello"

; */ ?>

All the options for it are listed here:

http://www.elefantcms.com/wiki/Dynamic-handlers-and-the-wysiwyg-editor#configuring-your-handlers

Hope that helps :)

• That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much for the pointer :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Note: You can use Markdown formatting in your comments.