Attention: We have experienced a large volume of forum spam that none of the Vanilla Forums anti-spam add-ons have managed to fix. Until we have the time to migrate to another forum platform, new members will require approval. However, our applicant list contains over 20k spambots alone, so please post a chat message here to have your membership approved. You may also use the chat to post questions directly.

Thanks for your patience,
Johnny (lead developer of Elefant)
styling top menu
  • As said earlier I am porting an Artisteer template to use with Elefant CMS. That worked fine. Only because Artisteer puts the css class for the styling of the topmenu inside the

<

ul> tag, I had to change apps/navigation/handlers/top.php. On line 5 I changed echo '

<

ul>' in echo '

<

ul class="art-hmenu">'; That worked perfectly.

After updating to Elefant 1.2 yesterday I saw that top.php has changed. So now I changed line 21 in $out = '

<

ul class="art-hmenu">';

But this doesn't work. Looking at the created php file in cache and in the page source in the browser only

<

ul> is printed without the class. Does the topmenu comes form somewhere else now? This is the only problem, for the rest the Artisteer template looks ok.

• Apologies for the strange effect the tags have in the post......

• I wonder if there's a way to wrap a <div class="art-hmenu"></div> around the <ul> in the template, so you can style based on that instead of modifying the <ul> itself? That way no theme-specific code needs to be added by modifying PHP files.

I can take a look and see if there's another way to style it without modifying the code if you'd like.

And no prob about the formatting. You can highlight code samples by indent them with spaces or using backticks around them like this.

• I have tried to alter the by Artisteer generated css concerning the menu. First of all that is rather extensive and second, I did not manage to get it right. So that is why I changed the printing of the ul tag in your scripts. I understand that you prefer to keep the scripts free from styling tags, but at that moment I did not see a better solution. I appreciate that you will look into possibilities. I will do too.

By the way. We are busy with the Dutch translation of Elefant and expecr to be ready with it tomorrow. Courtersy of www.goldenvalue.nl

• A Dutch translation would be awesome, thanks!!

Another possibility for Artisteer support would be to make a very small "artisteer" app with a single handler, e.g. apps/artisteer/handlers/navigation/top.php, that did the following:

<?php

echo str_replace (
        '<ul>',
        '<ul class="art-hmenu">',
        $this->run ('navigation/top')
    );

?>

Then the Artisteer themes could use {! artisteer/navigation/top !} instead of {! navigation/top !}

• Works great! Thanks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Note: You can use Markdown formatting in your comments.